Thursday 21 June 2012

The One with The Phone Call!


It seems going public was the best decision ever, as now Runaway Bride enjoyes attention of a few known, as well as unknown people.It was an impulsive reaction to something, but I really believe that impulsive decisions are the best ones coz in that fraction of a second, we really know what we wish for!

For now, Runaway Bride has a few stories to narrate, and one she is living at the moment, which would see the light of the day, in posts to follow. It is just a phone conversation for a story now.But don't you dare under-estimate this as it was as big a misadventure as possible.

One fine Friday evening, at 8:30 pm, the phone rings. Mr A calling, is displayed on the screen and I immediately feel a strange irritation within me.What all I do to make Friday evenings perfect, and just a phone call from a random stranger spoils it all. Alas.With a certainty, that I can't entertain this call at the moment, coz it is too perfect a moment to be ruined, I pick the call.

The voice on the other end was somewhat strange.But, not judging, Runaway Bride decided to take some time off and call back later.Mr A obliged, but he had something else in mind.He too wanted to schedule another time for this call, as he had something very important to do. Now, this was an excuse, or whatever, but I really could not believe what he had to say.Maybe, Mr A was being honest. I don't know. Mr A wanted to talk to Runaway Bride, around 10:30pm, so that he could be with his maid, when she cooks, cleans and does the utensils.What a susheel - gharelu-man, I thought, and agreed to talk to him later. 10:30pm, was too late to talk to a stranger, but Runaway Bride thought to give it a try.

So, the second phone call arrived exactly at 10:30pm. What punctuality! Anyways, the soul purpose of the call was to talk a little, and decide a suitable time and place for meeting over the weekend.Not anything less, not anything more.As always, the initial exchange of profiles, and parent-talk had been done earlier.And it was time for the munda-bashing!

Here are a few excerpts of the conversation that happened. Runaway Bride decided to keep a low key this time, so as not to spoil her mood for the entire weekend.But it didn't really help.

A   : Hello, how you doin' ( Joey Style! He knew he was doing it purposely.)

RB : Hey there,I am good. How are you? Seems you're a Joey fan as well!

A   :  Oh yes. Joey is my God, and I worship Barney and Charlie in real life.

RB : (Not knowing what to say, and whether to take it seriously, or not) Laughs.

A  : So, you were out when I first called in the evening.Have you reached home yet? (Trying to judge what kind of a girl is out at half past eight in the night)

RB : Yes, I was out shopping, with some friends. Abhi, at home.

A : How do you manage to come home so late, given NCR is such an unsafe territory?

RB : It is unsafe, but I can't stop going out.Anyways, A friend dropped me home.

A  : Hmmmmm(And thinks ,Women must know their limits,they should not be out after 8 in the evening. Gurgaon police has a valid point there!)

RB : So, what is the plan? When can we meet?

A : Too shocked to say anything.(How could a girl initiate such a talk!)

A : Where do you put up? I could come to your place. What time do you get up in the  morning?

RB : Well, as the kaam-vali-bai comes in the morning by 8, so I hardly have any choice but to wake up.Even during weekends.(A silent sob)

A  : Whaaaat???? You have a maid to do the chores for you? Really? Tumhare hathon
me mehndi lagi hai kya? ( Oh, what a joke.She must be thinking that I am a really funny guy. I have read those online dating tips, which say women like men who can make them laugh.Ye teer sidha nishane pe laga! Meri to aaj nikal padi)

RB : Laughs because she is at a loss of words.(And thinks what kind of a man this is. If he was serious, he is sick. If he was joking, it was the lamest joke ever.Jokes like these could make my life, a living hell) 

A  : Okay, where do you stay? Lets decide a place, and meet around 10.

RB : Okay, 10 is fine(Now I can't even sleep after the maid goes.So much sacrifice for guy like this.Oh no, why do I have to so all this) and I stay at Runaway Colony.

A : That sounds great. So, I''ll come down to your apartment at Runaway Colony and you can then pamper me with some home made delicious breakfast. Oh yes, I don't like bread, So please just take care of that.

RB : (In shock and disbelief) What?? Lets meet some place else. There is a CCD near my  place, we can sit there as well. Or I could come down, and we could meet somewhere midway between our places.

A : No, it is okay. Not a problem at all. I'll come to your place only. And in case you don't wanna cook for me, you could ask your maid to do it.I won't mind.

RB : (Still couldn't believe what she was hearing.She thought changing the topic for   now, could save her from the torture of being a host to this man.) Where do you   put up?

A :  Noida. Oh, I love Noida.I don't know why people call it is unsafe for women. I  think it is the best place in the entire universe.I just love it there.

RB : I had a short stint at Noida as well. But I didn't like it there. Delhi is anytime   better.

A : Achcha. Why don't you like Noida ? Tumhe kisi ne kabhi ched diya tha kya udhar? Tumhari photo dekh ke to lagta hai ki you must be a target to all the eve teasing,  isliye I thought puch hee leta hu.

RB : What!!! Okay it is getting late. Lets not meet tomorrow, and keep it on Sunday instead. We can decide on a time and place tomorrow.(Oh my God, this guy must be one of those perverts on the streets of Noida. God, save me!)

A : Seems fine. Lets decide tomorrow. I'll call you. (Yayy, what a win-win situation. I'll get to talk to her again. And then milna to hai hee! Its a jackpot!)

RB : Okay then good night. ( Betta, abhi tere sapno pe paani ferti hu, zara phone to rakh)

RB decided not to talk to Mr A  ever again, let alone meeting this guy. Called up dad, and he called up A's dad. And the meeting was called off, at the last minute, siting the kundli mismatch as the reason. Dear Kundli, thanks for being there and saving me from all these strange men!

P.S.
Mr A tried to call Runaway Bride a few times, but she didn't pick the call.Then loads of smses followed.So, all in all, the decision to not meet pervert Mr A, turned out to be in Runaway Bride's favour.And the weekend was spared:)

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one! Cook breakfast for him! Hahahaha. But I'm dead sure most guys would love that ;) Weird but true..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading sweetheart :)
      And I am sure, the guy who wants breakfast on the first date, would definately want breakfast in bed, later on :P
      haha

      Delete
  2. "kami nahi hai bevkoof logo ki duniya mein ghalib, ek dhoondho hazaar milenge !"

    i guess Ghalib had already met Mr. A and wrote these lines on him !

    Good u were spared.... and of cors u gotta nice Sense of Humor .... :P

    tk cr ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't take it a negative way, but that is a total biased story ... The little brackets in A's conversation is not what A was thinking but its what RB's point of view of what A, may or may not be thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gaurav, Thanks for reading :)
      This is a place where I share "my" side of the story, so, it has to be biased only! That is the whole point of this blog. I write only what I feel :)

      Anyways, just a thought, if you are in such a kind of an arrangement, would you perter the lady to come at her place, and have a breakfast date, knowing that she doesn't live with family but friends? I guess not :)

      Anyways, keep coming. Would love to see the other point of view as well.

      Delete
  4. good you stayed away from Mr A...though m sure it must hv been a weird phone call but that conversation on your blog made an interesting and captivating read. Good luck to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Himani :) Glad you liked it! Come back for more of these "meetings"

      Delete
  5. Its by chance I stumbled upon your blog and during the past one hour, I read all the posts by you. And believe me, I'm still smiling.

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad about that :) The soul purpose of this blog is to make the readers smile and laugh out loud, at the cost of my strange misadventures! If the readers can laugh today, I would surely enjoy reading them too, after the escapade is over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! you have really meet some crazy guys!

    Hope you meet Mr. Right soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and those lovely wishes. Though I doubt, there is a Mr Right.

      Delete