Wednesday 21 April 2010

K Calling


10:45 pm
And the phone rang.I was half asleep after a long and tiring day at office.Anyways, getting back to the phone call.

Reluctantly, I answered the call( as it was from an unknown number). It was K(the guy, my friend wanted to set me up with) For details click here. He introduced himself and asked if it wasn't too late to call.For the sake of courtesy(or whatever you may call it...And FYI, I find it really difficult to say No, even to strangers) I said it was okay and asked him to continue.

And soon ,it was more than an hour since I was on the phone.I am a complete chatterbox, and it is quite impossible to shut me up, once you get me started(provided, I don't lose interest in you). He never asked me any silly questions which other perspective grooms ask, and maybe I got too comfortable too soon. Talking to him was like talking to a friend. We had a few common topics to chit-chat about,maybe because we come from the same 'small -town' and we both lived in Delhi, sometime. Though his love for 'Saadi -Dilli' could not match mine! We tried to get to know each other, and by the time the phone call ended, I had created a certain kind of image in my mind and associated him with it! And mind you, most of the time, I judge people correctly!

Meanwhile, all these days, our common friend, V was trying to persuade to me to talk about K, to my parents.And being the sidhi-saadhi-sharmili-gharelu kanya that I am, I was avoiding that(okay okay, I am nothing even close to all those adjectives, but I just did not want to strike that conversation, so that my folks don't start feeling that I am really really interested in getting married asap.So,suggesting a guy, would have meant committing a sin).But, then I believed that it would be better if I told them myself, at least it would be better than getting to know from V or her mom( V's mom was getting into match-making mode)

So, I told my folks ,and for a moment, they were over-excited that finally I have chosen a guy for myself! But, they calmed down when I told them the whole story! And as Murphy would have it, V's mom bumped into mine,at the local vegetable market.And rest is history.

They met, and then my folks and K's folks had a telephonic conversation.Everything was fine except that they asked "How long will Runaway Bride continue with her job?"

All Over!

My judgement was correct, K wants to settle down in the 'small town' with his family.And Runaway Bride works for a corporate giant which doesn't operate from any of the so called small towns.Although she doesn't love her job, but she has no plans to quit and become a loser house-wife.(No offence meant to any of the great ladies who have chosen to be perfect home-makers)

No comments:

Post a Comment